Published on 04 NOVEMBER 2020
What is Garmin Lifetime Updater
Garmin lifetime updater is a free application designed to download and install the latest map updates with ease as it eliminates all the hassles regarding map updates. This updater software is useful to the owners of the Garmin GPS device. Especially those who have Garmin lifetime map updates subscription.
With this specialized utility or software program, you can manage and sync your device without signing in. It will ensure that whatever information is being shown by Garmin GPS is 100% accurate and up-to-date. With automatic updates, you can download the current mapping data on your Garmin at any time of the day.
This software program lets you set a timer for downloads to start. Not only it starts up after booting up your computer, but it also runs a background check on the latest map updates and downloads as specified by the user in the settings.
A notification alert will appear when it is ready with updates. Also, note that you can get the map updated quarterly. The word “Lifetime” can be confusing at times; that’s why we recommend that you read the terms and conditions or “EULA.”
This program is licensed as freeware available for windows and mac computers without any restriction on the use. Windows computer must have windows 32 bit and 64-bit operating system. This free download is available at Garmin’s official lifetime map updater homepage( www8.garmin.com/support/lifetime_updater.html)
Things required to update your Garmin maps using Garmin lifetime map updater
We have mentioned some of the items needed to update your lifetime maps below. If you do not have one of these things, you may need to purchase one from an online store.
- Garmin lifetime updater application
- USB cable
- A windows or mac computer
- Garmin nu Lifetime map subscription
- Lm, Lmt, or pre-loaded Garmin maps. If applicable.
- Garmin Navigation device.
Garmin Lifetime Updater System Requirements
Before you download and install a lifetime map updater, your computer must meet these requirements for smooth operation.
- Display: 1024 x 768 display and USB port.
- RAM: 1 GB.
- Hard Disk Space: You may require up to 20 GB of free space.
- High-speed Internet: at least 20 Mbps.
- Operating System: Windows VISTA, XP, 7 SP1 or newer, Microsoft .NET 4.5.2.
- Display: 1440 x 900 display and USB port.
- RAM: 1 GB.
- Hard Disk Space: Up to 20 GB of free space.
- High-speed wifi: 20 Mbps is sufficient.
- Operating System: OS X 10.11 or newer.
Download Garmin lifetime updater
The next involves you to download the setup file from the internet. You can get the setup file by following the procedure below.
- First, access the internet browser.
- Then navigate to the Garmin website. type garmin.com/lifetimeupdater
- After that, click on download for mac or download for windows.
- Click on the given links to download the GarminLifetimeUpdaterInstaller.exe. File.
- Wait for the download to complete.
Install Garmin lifetime updater
To install a Garmin lifetime updater on your windows computer, please follow the instructions given in the list.
- Firstly, locate the downloaded garmin.com/lifetimeupdater setup file on your computer. Generally, the downloaded file goes into the downloads folder. Hence, open the download folder.
- After that, double click on the Garmin lifetime updater file to launch it.
- Then, your computer will scan for viruses, click run to allow the application to install.
- Further, in the next window, you can read the terms and conditions or EULA. Checkmark the box to “accept.”
- You can change the installation location, click the “options” and then select the “browse” tab, and choose a destination folder. Click “ok” to confirm.
- Now click on the “Install” tab.
- After successful installation, Launch the updater program.
- At last, click the continue button.
Now that you have installed the map updater program go ahead and update your Garmin GPS device with windows pc.
Now follow the easy steps mentioned below to install Garmin lifetime updater on your mac device.
- First of all, go to your downloads folder to locate the dmg file.
- Then, double-tap the DMG setup file.
- After that, click on the install button.
- Now, a window will appear. In the box, click the “Continue” button.
- After that, read the license agreement. This document lists things Garmin would like to do, such as data collection, data usage, Garmin activities related to your privacy and data. Read carefully and agree to the terms and conditions.
- To move further, click the install button on your mac.
- Now, your mac may ask you for an admin username and password. Enter if you have any.
- Next, click the install software option. You may need to update your Microsoft .NET Framework before you continue.
How to update maps using Garmin lifetime updater
You can easily update your Garmin using the map updater program. Follow the step-by-step guide.
- First, Click on “Search for the device.” Make sure that your updater program and Garmin device recognizes it.
- Then, read the disclaimer and click “Continue.”
- After that, You can click “Continue” if the application prompts you with the message, “A free map update is available!” “nümaps Lifetime update is available!” or “A map update is available!”
- Your Garmin device is not eligible for a free update; if a pop-up says, “A map update is available for purchase.
- A map update is not needed if you see “Your maps are up to date,”
- Now, Click “Continue” if you see a message, “Ready to update your maps.”
- In case your Garmin GPS device does not have enough space, you can delete some files for some space.
- At last, Generally, it takes a few hours to update the GPS device, so hold on and sit tight.
Garmin lifetime updater not working
- An outdated lifetimeupdater firmware.
- Lack of storage on a desktop computer.
- Faulty USB cable.
- Corrupted windows or software program
- Malware on the computer system.
- Slow internet speeds
Even after fixing the mentioned causes, if this program does not respond, you can completely remove or uninstall it so that you can install it again. Check out our removal process in the upcoming section.
How to Remove Garmin lifetime updater
Sometimes software does work the way we want, either due to incompatibility with the system or other issues. It’s always recommended to remove the program and reinstall it or try the Garmin webupdater. Go to Add/Remove Program feature in the Window’s Control Panel to start the removal process of the Garmin lifetime updater.
- On the desktop, Click on the start menu (windows icon or button)
- Under Programs, click on the control panel
- Find “uninstall” a program in the options
- Now Right-click on the Garmin updater program
- Click uninstall or remove
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
Garmin lifetime map updater uses and features
- Automatic file downloads to your pc.
- Specify download speed and schedules in Advanced options.
- You do not need to sign-in.
- You do not need an internet browser.
- Latest map updates.
- Bugg free software Updates.
- Install free voices and vehicles.
- You can Back up, transfer, and restore favorites.
- Download Garmin product manuals.
Garmin lifetime map updater latest versions
Garmin Lifetime Updater 2.1.11 – This version was released in early 2018.
It is crucial that you have the latest version installed of the Updater application program on your windows computer. It is compatible with almost all of the versions of windows, including Microsoft Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 and older Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP with a 32-bit or 64-bit setup.
You can also download x64 bit version of Garmin lifetime updater from Garmin. Its file name is GarminLifetimeUpdaterInstaller.exe and has a size of 11.82mb. This freeware download is free of any malware or virus. Hence, it is safe to run the Updater. Please do not use the older version 2.1.7.
This file is distributed as .exe (Windows executable). This Updater (download file) consisted of Garmin Map Update and was signed by Garmin International with an on-disk file size of 12,397,960 Bytes.
Major release Version: V2 with minor updates Minor: 1 and Build: 11 a revised build.
We run thorough tests before publishing any information regarding any digital product. Feel free to download the updater software or chat with our GPS experts.
What is Garmin numap lifetime subscription
A lifetime subscription is a kind of service or subscription designed to update Garmin maps free of cost. Generally, map updates are paid, depending on the region you are located in.
However, a subscription ensures that you receive the latest map updates for free promptly. You can purchase the needed subscription from buy.garmin.com.
Please make sure that if you already have the subscription before proceeding. In case you are confused, please chat with our GPS experts.
What does lifetime mean?
Many users are confused with the term “lifetime.” In simple words, it means you are applicable or allowed to receive the map updates until the life of the Garmin device, which is four years. Garmin lifetime maps are good for one useful life of a Garmin product. You can download the latest map updates up to 4 times a year. Read below to learn more.
License/Terms and conditions
A Garmin product that comes bundled with a nümaps lifetime or any other lifetime map subscription can get the updates as long as Garmin provided them. You will receive map data during the useful life of 1 device via Updater program. By useful, we mean that your Garmin device has sufficient memory capacity and has not had any major repairs.
In other words, your device must function as intended by the company to store map data. In case you do not download the updates for 24 months or more, your device’s useful life will be ended as per the terms and conditions and will be seen as out of service.
All the map updates will be in the same region. For instance, if you purchased North America maps, you can not update them to any other geographical location or area. If, in any case, map data is larger than the device’s internal storage, you must select a specific region or use a micro sd card to load the new data files.
In the case mentioned, things do not work out, your Garmin device can be concluded as out of service, and Garmin will terminate your numap subscription and updates on Updater.
Note: you can not transfer Garmin lifetime maps, nümaps lifetime subscription to any other person or Garmin product.
nümaps Lifetime Map subscription activation and verification
There are two ways to get the numaps lifetime subscription. One is through Garmin express and the other one from nümaps lifetime card. They automatically activate, and after that, you can install map updates from Updater without any trouble. If you have a nümaps lifetime card, you should first activate it manually to be used with your Garmin GPS device.
You must verify if the subscription is active in myGarmin account and is linked to your GPS. Follow these easy steps to check the account details.
- Use login credentials to log in to the myGarmin account.
- Make sure you use credentials linked with the purchase.
- Click on myMAPS TAB.
- Then, click on details just next to the device’s name.
- Activated subscription will appear in the map downloads section.
Now that you are sure of activation proceed with Garmin lifetime updater software for map updates.